Today we are posting another two jain recipes. These are different jain recipes based on tomato. Regular/Non-jain people will also love these tasty recipes.
1 cabbage , grated
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp coriander-cumin seeds powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp sugar
4 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of salt over the cabbage and keep aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the water.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the chopped coriander, keeping aside a little for garnish.
- Make four slits in each tomato and stuff with the cabbage mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Put tomatoes carefully in it.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Garnish with the balance chopped coriander and serve hot.
Cream Of Tomato Soup
For The Garnish
3 tsp fresh cream
1/2 cup deep-fried bread croutons
- Combine the tomatoes with 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the bay leaf and peppercorns, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard it. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth and strain it using a strainer.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the plain flour and saute on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato mixture, 1 cup of water, tomato puree, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with bread croutons.