Two tasty-spicy-easy-quick jain recipes.
1/2 cup chopped fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves)
2 Green chilli
1/2 tsp Mustard seed
1/2 tsp Cumin (jeera)
1 dry Red chilli
5-6 Curry leaves
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp Oil
1 cup Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Ajwain
1 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough and prepare chapati like consistency dough by adding required amount of water. Keep aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls. Roll each small balls vertically,cut them to very small pieces and press slightly to flatten them like coin.
- In a pan add 1-2 tbsp of oil. When oil get hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chilli. When they crackle, add curry leaves and chopped green chilli. Saute for 2-3 minutes .
- Add methi leaves,turmeric powder and little salt. Additional of salt to helps in cooking methi faster and also reduces bitterness. Saute for about 5-6 mins , till the methi leaves gets cooked.
- Now add some water and let the mixture boil.
- Now add steamed wheat dhokali to the methi mixture. Add remaining salt and red chilli powder. Mix well. Keep the flame on low and saute for 3-5 mins. Let the dhokalis’ outer layer get roasted a bit.
- Healthy methi wheat dumplings are ready to serve
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.
Kacha Kela na Samosa (Raw banana Samosa)
2 cups boiled and mashed raw bananas
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dried mango powder (aamchur) powder
1 tsp cumin-coriander (dhania-jeera) powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp roasted fennel seeds powder
salt to taste
oil to fry
- Mix well all the ingredients for stuffing. Divide the stuffing into equal portions and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for dough and prepare a tight dough by adding required amount of water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape into small balls and roll into a medium thin puri.
- Cut this puri to a semi-circle.
- Fold the semi-circle to a cone. Put a portion of stuffing and seal the edges with the help of water.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining stuffing and dough to make more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and deep-fry each samosa till it turns to golden brown in color from all the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.