Here is one more tasty and no time recipe. It is a famous Gujarati, Indian dish ‘Handvo’. Basically Handvo is made from some split lentils and rise by the traditional recipe. The Handvo made by this traditional recipe is of course delicious in taste. But the only problem with the recipe is, it it taking long time. In this fast era we all find the shortage of time. So with this shortage of time, how could we enjoy these type of traditional recipes without Bargaining with their tastes?
We are going to answer this question in our upcoming recipes starting from today. Today we are going to expose one recipe among our instant recipes collection. It is ‘Jain Instant Handvo’. So here is the recipe.
Jain Instant Handvo
Preparation Time: 5 minute
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serve to: 1 person
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sour butter milk
pinch baking soda (saaji ful)
1 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp sugar
salt as per taste
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp muster seeds (Raai)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp sesame seeds (tal)
pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- Heat little the butter milk by adding salt in it.
- Add baking soda and stir well. Then add flour and mix well and make slight thick batter.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt (of part of flour). Mix well.
- Take a non-stick or aluminium kadai. Add oil and muster seeds. Low the flame.
- When muster seeds crackles add cumin seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and quickly add the batter.
- Medium fast the flame and let cook the Handvo for 4-5 minutes by covering the kadai with a lid.
- Remove the lid and turn the Handvo to the other side. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes with low flame.
- Hot and tasty Instant Handvo is ready to serve.
- Serve it with oil or tomato ketchup.
Note: If you like you can add peanuts, shredded bottle guard, green peas and another vegetables as you like.