Here we are giving firstly the causes of dark circles and then will give the solution to diminish dark circles permanently in three easy steps.
Causes of Dark Circles
- Lack of proper intake of water
- Improper Hemoglobin Level
- Genetic causes
- Inadequate sleep
- Excessive mental or physical stress
- unhealthy diet
- Prolonged illness
- Continuous exposure to computers
- Ageing results in dryness of skin which leads to dark circles
These are the key causes of having the dark circles. Worry not, there are several home remedies for dark circles. And the best of those is what we are going to talk about.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes. Place the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes. Wash the area thoroughly with water. Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
- Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes. Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids. Leave them on for about 15 minutes. Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it under your eyes. Let it remain for about 10 minutes and then, wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy at least twice a day. Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
- Dab a small amount of mint juice under the eyes; leave it on for 30 mins or overnight. Mint leaves help to lighten and brighten the skin.
- Take a cotton ball and place it in a bowl of cold milk or iced water for a while. Now apply the cotton ball making sure that it covers the entire eye with the affected area. Keep it for a while. Wash it regular water.
Step-2 Apply any one of following once in a week:
- Eye Pack: Ground fresh coconut + A few drops of lemon juice + 2 tsp grated cucumber + 1 tsp fresh cream + 3 tsp china clay
Mix all these ingredients together and keep in the fridge. Cover the eyes with cotton gauge and apply the mask over it taking care that the pack does not drip into the eyes. This should ideally be left on for a minimum of 20 minutes. Then gently washing off it with milk and then water.
- Take two teaspoons of nutmeg powder and mix enough milk to make a paste. Apply this paste to the affected area. Keep it on overnight and rinse off the next morning. Apply before going to bed till you see your dark circles reduce.
- Apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin. Leave the oil on overnight. Wash it off with cold water next morning. Repeat this until your dark circles are gone.
- Eye pack: 2 tsp turmeric + 2-3 tsp pineapple juice/ buttermilk; stir gently until the mixture becomes like a paste. Apply this mask on the dark circles. Remain for 20 minutes and then wash properly using regular water.
Step-3 Change improper life style with following tips:
- Drinking of plain drinking water about fifteen glasses per day is also an effective remedy
- Eat Vegetables and fruits which are fresh. They are rich in fibrous contents keep the system clear of toxins and thus prevent dark circles under the eyes.
- Drinking of fruit juice devoid of preservative and in its natural form also helps heal dark circles.
- A person having sweet tooth is more prone to dark circles so one must practice self-penance and abstain from consuming any sort of chocolate and sweets.
- A sleep of at least seven to eight hours is necessary for a healthy man. A lack of sleep can also cause dark circles.
- Vitamin C and Iron are said to be the essential food supplements for removing dark circles.
- Abstinence from smoking, drinking, eating junk foods and maintaining a disciplined lifestyle helps in removing dark circles from under the eyes.
- Chemical bleach can damage the under eye skin causing dark circles so one should not bleach but replace it with some natural face packs that do not harm under eye skins.
- One of the main reasons that is seen for the recurrence of dark circles under eyes is because of stress, depression and a hectic lifestyle. No amount of home remedies will work if your mind isn’t cool and calm. Yoga and meditation if practiced regularly will not only decrease your dark circles will also balance the body clock whilst calming your mind, body and soul.